What to remember from the article:
- The best way to prepare for the Institut d’études politiques (IEP) in Paris is still to work well from the second to the last year of high school.
- “The most important report cards are all those of the first year and the first one of the final year,” reminds Laurent Berthet
- “Thesecond key to success is called dedication. (…) A good candidate in the eyes of the jury is also a teenager who has invested in the life of his or her school, in a philanthropic activity or in a sport.”
- “The emphasis should be on simplicity of purpose,” Berthet adds, “on clarity rather than making it complicated or heavy-handed”.
- “A good candidate is one who keeps up to date with current events at… Sciences Po,” according to the director of Climax.
The website Academics in Politics provides numerous articles on each of these points: how to succeed in high school, how to succeed in the competitive exams…